H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Dorje Chang's Cremation
Here are some details regarding H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Dorje Chang's cremation in November. Click on the images below to see the announcement from the Sakya Monlam Foundation in India as well as a map to the Phuntsok Phodrang in Delhi where the cremation will take place.
Announcement from H.E. Avikrita Vajra Sakya Rinpoche
Sakya Monastery of Tibetan Buddism would like to share an important announcement from our Head Lama, H.E. Avikrita Vajra Sakya Rinpoche, about the upcoming cremation of H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Dorje Chang's Holy Body.
Click above image to enlarge announcement
Welcome to Sakya Monastery
Sakya Monastery provides access to the Buddha’s teachings and guidance in a community of practitioners. Sakya Monastery provides a place to learn from highly qualified and spiritual Tibetan Lamas in a beautiful traditional setting.
Here are the best ways for a new person to learn about the practice of Tibetan Buddhism at Sakya Monastery:
- Attend the monthly Orientation - answers the most frequently asked questions.
- Attend the 8:30 am Sunday morning introductory class and the 10:00 am Chenrezi service - open to the public. As we occasionally have special events, please check our calendar for the current schedule: Calendar of Classes and Events
- Review the material on our website.
- Attend a Virupa Educational Institute (VEI) class at Sakya Monastery.
- Attend the 7:00 pm Friday evening Calm Abiding meditation. Free and open to the public.
If you have any questions, please call Sakya Monastery at 206-789-2573 weekdays between 9:00 am and Noon, Pacific Time.