Upcoming Free Online Streaming Events
This month, Sakya Monastery will be streaming events for free on two different days.
On Sunday, April 16th at 10:00 am, we will live stream the Guru Puja Prayer Service (in English): gurupuja0417.sakya.org
On Saturday, April 29th we will be live streaming three events on the anniversay of H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Dorje Chang's parinirvana. They are part of a week long memorial that concludes that Saturday. They are morning Chenrezi Drub Choe prayers, afternoon Chenrezi Drub Choe Prayers, and an evening Candlelight vigil: drubchoe2017.sakya.org
If you aren't able to be at the Monastery in person, we hope that you can join us online for these events!
Welcome to Sakya Monastery
Sakya Monastery provides access to the Buddha’s teachings and guidance in a community of practitioners. Sakya Monastery provides a place to learn from highly qualified and spiritual Tibetan Lamas in a beautiful traditional setting.
Here are the best ways for a new person to learn about the practice of Tibetan Buddhism at Sakya Monastery:
- Attend the monthly Orientation - answers the most frequently asked questions.
- Attend the 8:30 am Sunday morning introductory class and the 10:00 am Chenrezi service - open to the public. As we occasionally have special events, please check our calendar for the current schedule: Calendar of Classes and Events
- Review the material on our website.
- Attend a Virupa Educational Institute (VEI) class at Sakya Monastery.
- Attend the 7:00 pm Friday evening Calm Abiding meditation. Free and open to the public.
If you have any questions, please call Sakya Monastery at 206-789-2573 weekdays between 9:00 am and Noon, Pacific Time.