New Practice Schedule at Sakya Monastery
Beginning Saturday, September 23rd, Sakya Monastery will implement a new Practice Schedule. This outline describes which practices and pujas are in-person, hybrid, or on Zoom: Practices and Requirements at Sakya Monastery
Please visit the newly posted Fall VEI Catalog on our website for details about the schedule for each practice, as well as information about the other events we’re offering: Fall VEI Catalog
You can also check the Monastery calendar for more information: online calendar.
In-Person COVID Protocol:
1. If you have any symptoms such as nasal congestion, scratchy throat, headache or other cold symptoms, kindly refrain from entering the Monastery.
2. All visitors must be masked with an approved surgical, KF-94, KN-95 or N-95 mask (best protection), covering the mouth and nose at all times, regardless of test results. This is best practice to protect yourself and others. The Sakya Monastery provides these at the main entrance.
3. Full vaccination is not required, however it is highly recommended.
Please be aware that prior infection with Covid 19 does not decrease your risk of becoming reinfected due to the current variants. Do what you can to protect yourself and others. With the current Covid variants, all visitors should be treated as potentially infectious.
How to learn about Sakya Monastery
To learn more about the practice of Tibetan Buddhism at Sakya Monastery (all are free and open to the public):
- Attend the monthly Sakya Monastery Overview and Orientation on Zoom – answers the most frequently asked questions.
- Attend the 7:30 pm Monday evening introductory class (on Zoom) and the 10:00 am Sunday Chenrezi service (ln Person). Details for these online events can be found on our calendar: Calendar of Classes and Events
- Attend a Virupa Educational Institute (VEI) class on Zoom. Once scheduled, these classes are then listed on our calendar: Calendar of Classes and Events
- Attend the 7:00 pm Friday evening Calm Abiding meditation on Zoom. Free and open to the public. Please check our calendar for the Zoom link and the current schedule: Calendar of Classes and Events
If you have any questions, please call Sakya Monastery at 206-789-2573 weekdays between 9:00 am and Noon, Pacific Time.