Sakya Monastery provides access to the Buddha’s teachings and guidance in a community of practitioners. Sakya Monastery provides a place to learn from highly qualified and spiritual Tibetan Lamas in a beautiful traditional setting.
Here are the best ways for a new person to learn about the practice of Tibetan Buddhism at Sakya Monastery:
- Attend the monthly Orientation – answers the most frequently asked questions.
- Attend the 8:30 am Sunday morning introductory class and the 10:00 am Chenrezi service – open to the public. As we occasionally have special events, please check our calendar for the current schedule: Calendar of Classes and Events
- Review the material on our website.
- Attend a Virupa Educational Institute (VEI) class at Sakya Monastery.
- Attend the 7:00 pm Friday evening Calm Abiding meditation. Free and open to the public.
If you have any questions, please call Sakya Monastery at 206-789-2573 weekdays between 9:00 am and Noon, Pacific Time.