This Sunday, November 2nd marks H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Sakya’s 86th birthday! On this auspicious day there will be two celebrations held in the U.S. One here at Sakya Monastery in Seattle and the second in New York City where Khenpo Jampa will be representing the Monastery and presenting Dagchen Rinpoche’s biography.
H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Sakya’s Birthday Celebration
Sunday, November 2
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Shrine Room
Open to the public.
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS REMINDER
Daylight savings ends on November 2nd at 2 am.
Remember to turn your clocks back one hour on Saturday night.
Sakya Monastery will be hosting a celebration for H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Sakya’s birthday on Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 10:00 am. The celebration will be held in the Shrine Room with lunch to follow in the Cultural Hall. Everyone is welcome!
10:00 am Recitation of the Sixteen Arhat Prayer
10:30 am Mandala Offering to H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Sakya: “Traditional Tibetan Ceremony Book”
a) Sakya Phuntsok Phodrang Family
b) Sakya Monastery Board of Advisors
c) Sherab (Gaba, Tibet)
d) Katag offerings from the congregation
– Recitation of H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Sakya’s Long Life Prayer: “Prayers of the Three Long Life Deities”
– Recitation of a special Sakya Dedication of Merit Prayer: “Great Treasure of the Two Accomplishments”
11:00 am Presentations
a) H.E. Ani Sakya Rinpoche
b) Ven. Tulku Yeshi
c) David Spiekerman, President of Sakya Monastery
– Happy Birthday Songs: Tibetan version sung by Sonam Yangzom and Sonam Tsomo, and the English version sung by the Sangha.
– Birthday Cake presentation
– Happy Trails and Bon Voyage for Tulku Orgyen
11:30 am Lunch in the Cultural Hall, including a short entertainment program