We are so happy to officially launch the Marici Fellowship with an amazing inaugural event: a full day of caring by sharing led by H.E. Avikrita Rinpoche on July 21st. Preparation for the event begins Friday July 20th with the filling of backpacks. Then on Saturday, July 21st, the main event begins: we will distribute backpacks filled with necessities to those living on the street, and in the evening we will serve dinner to several local homeless encampments. Join us in following the compassionate vision of H.E. Avikrita Rinpoche in engaging our practice by bringing compassion and help to those who need it most.
If you are interested in participating, please read the schedule of events below, then fill out the volunteer form at the bottom of this page.
Schedule of Events
Here is the general schedule for the days of the event.
Friday July 20th
- 6-9pm: Stuff and organize backpacks, Food donation drop-off
Saturday July 21st
- 8-10am: Food Preparation teams begin work on lunch.
- 10am: kick off event with an introductory speech and opening prayers by H.E. Avikrita Rinpoche
- 11-1pm: Food servers leave for homeless villages. Backpack teams organize for backpack delivery.
- 1pm: Food service volunteers return to the Monastery
- 2pm: Backpack teams leave for backpack delivery, food teams clean up.
- 5pm: Backpack distribution teams return to Monastery; tea and snacks.
- 5:30pm: Dedication of merit prayers
How to participate
We are looking for help in all aspects of the event, from setup and food preparation to food service, and drivers for delivering food and distributing backpacks. If you have the time or talent, please fill out the volunteer form below.
If you can’t make the event in person, you can still participate through the donation of needed items or a monetary donation for the purchase of materials. Monetary donations are a wonderful way to help, and will be used to purchase food and items for Marici Fellowship giving events.
Please fill out the following form and we will contact you to get you set up with the event. The more information you provide, the better we will be able to understand your interests and get you assigned to an appropriate task.